Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bold Bright Birthday

I guess Blogger photo uploads are working again. Hurrah!


Today's pastels technique is embossing pastels. It's a fantastic technique to use when you want to heat emboss in color but you don't have the specific color of embossing powder or the specific color of craft ink.


To illustrate this technique I chose one of my favorite stamp sets, Eat Cake. I love this stamp set because of its versatility and because it has the right mixture of main images, background images and sentiments in it so it works well on its own.


I chose a bold bright palette for this card because this makes the card work for any sex and any age. Other than the embossing pastels technique I used tearing for a little texture and three brads for additional interest.


Stamps: Eat Cake

Card stock: only orange (base), yo-yo yellow, real red, brilliant blue

Ink: versamark, brilliant blue

Accessories: white embossing powder, stampin' pastels, blender pen, real red and brilliant blue brads from the bold brights assortment, stamping dimensionals, 1/8" handheld circle punch.


Only two more pastels techniques to go -- which will show up tomorrow?

3 comments:

Diane said...

Such a cute card Diane!! Love the bright colors and the pastel technique is wonderful! Oh and those little brads finish it off perfectly!!TFS!

tyrymom29 said...

Love the colors ..of this card !!! Im gonna try to make this one !!

Robyn said...

Great card bold and bright. Good inspiration for me for some children's cards I need to make.