Friday, August 11, 2017

Neon Light

Dawn's Free For All challenge on SCS today is to show light in our cards. There are lots of less literal ways to interpret that challenge, but my mind immediately jumped to the obvious, in part because I was also thinking of Jeannie's challenge on her blog, Dragonfly Journeys, to make cards incorporating neon. This idea fit both challenges perfectly.

The card base is basic black. For the white mat I used a lightbulb image from the Mini Mates set and yo yo yellow ink to create a uniform design.  I sponged the edges with yo yo yellow before adhering the mat to the card base.

For the main image I used a piece of basic black card stock, versamark ink, the sentiment from the Mini Mates set and the lightbulb image from the Crazy, Mixed up Love set. I stamped the lightbulb upside down, masking off the sentiment with clear tape so that the words wouldn't show on my card. I then added a "cord" with a versamarker and heat embossed everything with detail white embossing powder. I colored the bottom "glass" part of the bulb with a yellow bic permanent marker. I used the same marker to color the word "light" in the sentiment. I used a silver sharpie to color the cord and the top part of the bulb.

I cut a piece of yo yo yellow card stock as a mat and used the wrought iron corner punch on all four corners before slipping the stamped main image inside. I added a basic black mat behind the yo yo yellow layer and attached the image to the card with dimensionals.

Recipe:

Paper: basic black, whisper white, yo-yo yellow
Ink: Yo Yo Yellow, versmark, versamarker, bic yellow permanent marker, silver sharpie marker
Stamps: Crazy, Mixed up Love, Mini Mates
Accessories: detail white embossing powder, wrought iron corner punch, stampin' sponge

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Hi Diane! This is so fun and such a happy card. I love the background you created and the pretty corner punch you used too. Thanks so much for joining my Keen on Neon blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys