Friday, August 4, 2017

All About the Shoes

The Splitcoast Stampers "Free for All" challenge today was to spotlight a portion of a card by creating a frame around the image. I found a couple more stamps that were perfect for yesterday's ways to use shoe challenge, so I decided to combine the two.

The Shoe Border stamp is from Katie & Co. and consists of three shoes, so that's what I decided to highlight. I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamps the different rows of shoes and then I used markers to color them. The heels on all shoes are crumb cake and the other colors I used were tempting turquoise, pear pizazz, melon mambo, and wisteria wonder. I used a combination of thinlits to make the frame that goes around the shoes and a combination of thinlit and word window punch to make the sentiment border. I stamped the sentiment form the Tee Hee Hee set using a black marker to ink up only the relevant part. 

Finally, in the spotlighted area I used two way glue and micro glitter in turquoise, purple and hot pink on the strappy part of the shoes. I know that's not easy to see in the larger photo, but it adds just a little bit of can't miss sparkle in real life.

Recipe:

Paper: whisper white, wisteria wonder, pear pizazz
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, markers in crumb cake, tempting turquoise, pear pizazz, melon mambo, and wisteria wonder
Stamps: Tee Hee Hee, Shoe Border from Katie & Co.
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig; 2 way glue, microglitter, word window punch, Lori Whitlock Ornate Label Thinlits by Sizzix  

No comments: