Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Marriage Journey

I can hardly believe it, but next week my hubby and I will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. It's been an awesome two decades, made even better by our mutual love of travel, so it's only fitting that I made him a travel themed card, especially since we'll be celebrating while on a short road trip to Ohio. For the layout, I used the sketch from last Week's SCS sketch challenge, as it seemed particularly well suited to include all the elements I wanted.

I started with a 5x7 card base the ms. sparkle & Co. Neutrals A7 cards and envelopes assortment by DCWV Inc. I used a 6.5x4.5" piece of Travel Journey designer paper as a mat. I used circle framelits to cut a larger circle from garden green card stock and a smaller one from very vanilla. I embossed the very vanilla circle with the world map embossing folder form Darice and used stampin' pastels in garden green and night of navy to color the map.

I stamped the car, plane and cruise ship from the Sentimental Journey set in pumpkin pie on very vanilla card stock, fussy cut them out and attached them to the embossed map circle with dimensionals. I attached the vanilla circle to the garden green mat and attached both to the card base.

I had the perfect embosslit for one of the smaller circle elements on the layout - the 20 years embosslit originally released to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Stampin' Up! I used it with apiece of designer series paper and then used a sanding block to reveal the lighter core of the paper and make the 20 years sentiment stand out.

For the other small circle element I stamped the compass image from Sentimental Journey in night of navy ink on  very vanilla paper. I punched out the image with the 1" circle punch and then adhered it to a double mat of 1 3/8" circle of night of navy card stock and a 1 1/4" circle of Travel Journal designer paper. I added a pumpkin pie brad to the center of the compass for interest.

I stamped the sentiment form the Hugs & Wishes set in night of navy ink on very vanilla and die cut it with a framelit from the Bitty Banners assortment. I added a mat of night of navy card stock which I fussy cut to match the sentiment shape.

I liked the card as it was, but I felt I could still add a little more personalization so I stamped sentiments and images from the following sets onto the visible parts of the designer paper mat with night of navy ink:  Something to Say, XOXO, Travel Words & Frames from Momenta and 4 piece travel set from Recollections

I'm really happy with the card and, more importantly, I'm pretty sure my hubby will be happy with it as well.

Recipe:

Paper: very vanilla, garden green, night of navy, travel journey designer series paper, tan card base from the ms. sparkle & Co. Neutrals A7 cards and envelopes assortment by DCWV Inc.
Ink: pumpkin pie, night of navy
Stamps: Sentimental Journey, Hugs & Wishes, Something to Say, XOXO, Travel Words & Frames from Momenta, 4 piece travel set from Recollections
Accessories: stampin' pastels, Circle Framelits assortment, Bitty Banners Framelits assortment, 20 years embosslit, 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, pumpkin pie brad, world map embossing folder from Darice,




No comments: