Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Hummingbird Birthday

Here's another card I made for Saturday's SCS Inspiration challenge. The Tropical Inspiration Pinterest board had so many awesome images that, once again, I actually used two different ones for my inspiration. I was fortunate that both of my inspirations lent themselves to using colors from today's color combination challenge, which was So saffron, Pear Pizzazz and Berry Burst. I didn't have any Berry Burst ink or card stock, so I used Purely Pomegranate instead.

This was the inspiration for my background. It really reminded me of my tiger stripes embossing folder from Sizzix, so I took out the folder and inked it up with pear pizzazz before running it though the big shot with whisper white card stock. I Like the way it turned out. It gives the card just enough interest without distracting from the main image and sentiment.

This was the inspiration for my main image from the tropical inspiration board, except that I used the photo on the left for the hummingbird's coloring. After I stamped the image from the Spring Song in memento tuxedo black ink, I used my aquapainter to color in the image. I mostly used the challenge colors with a bit of diluted soft suede for the hummingbird's belly. (I probably should have made the bird a little more brown if I wanted to be totally authentic, but I hope mother nature will forgive me.) I stamped the sentiment from the Express Yourself set in pear pizzazz on a narrow strip of whisper white card stock and then I sponged the edges of both the image and sentiment with so saffron ink. I mounted both image and sentiment on purely pomegranate mats and attached them to the embossed background before attaching the background to a so saffron card base.

Recipe:

Paper: whisper white, purely pomegranate, so saffron
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, so saffron, pear pizzazz, purely pomegranate, soft suede
Stamps: Spring Song, Express Yourself
Accessories: tiger stripes embossing folder by Sizzix, aquapainter, stampin' sponge.



No comments: