Friday, August 25, 2017

Back to Shool - part deux

Wednesday I couldn't resist making a card for the "Back to School" Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Blog Challenge, but I really don't have any use for a single card with this theme. I do, however, have a niece and nephew who are starting eighth and sixth grade, respectively, and those seem like perfect enough occasions to send cards even though I've basically ignored all their previous "back to school" occasions. Can you tell where this is going? Of course you can, and of course it leads right to me making another card.

My supplies from the first card were still out and I really like the color combination from this week's SCS color combination challenge, so I decided to use them for the second card as well. I like the way that makes the cards look like a coordinated set and I think the siblings will appreciate that as well.

Once again I used a Bermuda bay card base with a patterned paper mat. I dry embossed the patterned paper with the Print Blocks embossing folder and sanded it before attaching it to the base. I stamped the Dictionary background on a piece of whisper white card stock in Bermuda bay ink and applied the sentiment sticker over the background, coloring the notebook on the sticker with a gable green marker. I used an oval framelit to die cut the sentiment and used a larger oval framelit to die cut a mat from basic gray card stock. I attached them together and then attached them to the card base with dimensionals.

To create more interest on this card and to coordinate it better with the other, I added two strips of the gray arrow paper tape. I also used Bermuda bay and going gray markers to color the pencil image from the Elementary Essentials set and stamped it on whisper white. I fussy cut the image and attached it to the card with a dimensional at the eraser end and snail at the graphite tip. To finish the card off I added two green sequins and a bow made from the Parakeet verigated fancy floss, attaching all three to the card with mini glue dots. I know my niece will like the sequin "bling".

I love the way the cards turned out and how they look together. I think they will be the perfect encouragement for my niece and nephew for their first day of eighth grade and middle school.


Recipe:

Paper: bermuda bay, basic gray, whisper white, green patterned paper of unknown origin
Ink: bermuda bay, whisper white craft, basic gray, gable green
Stamps: Dictionary (background), Elementary Essentials
Accessories: sanding block, Ovals Framelits Assortment, Neutral arrow thin paper tape by K&Company, Print Blocks Textured Impressions Embossing Folder by Sizzix, velum sentiment sticker of unknown origin, Parakeet verigated fancy floss by We R Memory Keepers, Crafter's Corner green sequins from Greenbriar Inc.

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

adorable cards, luv the color combo and the textures! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*