Sunday, April 13, 2008

Winds of Grace

I've been doing a lot of stamping this weekend! Woo Hoo!

Saturday morning we had a Stampers in Stitches meeting, where we stamped a bunch of cool projects which I will show you later in the week. I spent a big part of the rest of the weekend making cards to sell at the craft fair I'm participating in next Saturday. The craft fair will be held at the Itasca Park District and is a fundraiser for the Itasca gymnastics team. I can't wait and I hope I'll see some of you there!

I'm sure a lot of shoppers at the craft fair will be looking for Mother's Day and Father's Day projects, so my goal for this weekend was to make some masculine cards that could be used for Father's Day. I don't have a lot of "masculine" sets, but my good friend and downline Liz came to my rescue by letting me borrow her Winds of Grace stamp set, as well as her Wonderful Favorites stamp set. I used both to create numerous variations of the cards shown in this post.

Although the cards can easily be used for Father' Day, they could also be used for a birthday or any reason, really. This was intentional on my part. I think there is a need out there for cards made specifically for a father-in-law or step-father that are nice, yet blank inside so you can create your own message. I guess I'll be testing that theory Saturday -- LOL! If the cards sell I'll know I was on the right path.

I should mention that in addition to borrowing Liz's Winds of Grace and Wonderful Favorites stamp sets, I also borrowed her card design. The bottom card is almost a direct copy of a card I stamped earlier this year at Liz's stamp-a-stack. So a big thanks goes out to Liz for the stamps and the inspiration and for being such a great friend!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Any time Diane! Looks like you had a well accomplished weekend!

:)

Anonymous said...

Great job with these masculine cards - I always find masculine cards tough!

www.stampwithdesiree.typepad.com