Thursday, March 6, 2008

Peachy keen

I just love the combination of old olive with pumpkin pie, and the Stampin' Up! designers must agree because these two colors are really hot this spring! From ribbon, to designer papers to felt fusion -- you'll find these two colors hanging out all over the place, which makes it really easy to make fun color-coordinate cards!

On this card I started with a naturals ivory base with a layer of close to cocoa stamped with the sanded background in close to cocoa ink. I added some wide twill and some striped ribbon from the Jersey ribbon originals pack.

For the main image I stamped the peach from the fruit stand set (one of my favorites!) in basic brown on naturals ivory, then water colored it using an aqua painter and old olive, certainly celery, pumpkin pie, apricot appeal, and close to cocoa inks. I added a pumpkin pie mat and embellished two of the corners with pumpkin pie narrow grosgrain ribbon and old olive brads. I then layered this onto apiece of designer paper from the bali breeze assortment and attached it to the card front with dimensionals.

I thought this turned out pretty well. Hopefully you'll agree. :-)

1 comment:

Diane said...

It's gorgeous Diane!! Love those colors together and the way you put your ribbon with the brads is
awesome! Great card!!!