Saturday, March 1, 2008

chocolate covered strawberry -- part 2



This is the really simple make and take we did at my chocolate and stamping opportunity night. Since we were having fondue and dipping strawberries (among other goodies) I thought the card would be appropriate. Because we didn't have to do any elaborate stamping, it was also a perfect card to make while talking about Stampin' Up! The ladies, who had never seen crystal effects used on a card, were not too impressed when I applied a blob of glue over my strawberry image, but they changed their mind after the crystal effects had a chance to dry! We all agreed the strawberries looked good enough to eat!

I stamped the red background with a stamp from the itty bitty backgrounds set to mimic the surface do a strawberry and I added the chocolate chip satin ribbon as an accent because it's soft, shiny texture helped to bring out the luxurious feeling of chocolate covered strawberries! You can't get this ribbon on fool rolls anymore, but it is still available in the theater ribbon originals assortment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Yummy! I think you just convinced me that I need that set. lol

Diane said...

Great card Diane!!! Love your ribbon!! I must invest in some!!!

~Deborah~ said...

I made a Strawberry just like this. I used the Crystal Effects also. but i wanted to emposs little red sparkle over my spots on my strawberry. And when doing so. The crystal effects bubbled up. It really looks like real chocolate. I didnt even make a card with it yet. Just playing with my Strawberries. LOL
TFS! Your FINISHED card looks YUMMY!
~Deb

Anonymous said...

Seeing this card convinced me that I needed this set. TFS!