Sunday, March 2, 2008

Happy Easter!


Here is the last project we made at the Easter decor class this afternoon. Another chipboard coaster sign!
I really like the way it turned out, even if it is a larger version of the Easter card I posted a little while ago. I used A good Egg to stamp the eggs and filled them in with various backgrounds in pastel colors. I then stamped the letters from Big Deal alphabet in each egg using inks that were a shade or two darker than the inks I used to "color" the egg, so that the letters would stand out nicely. I situated the eggs in the "grass" and added some flower stamped with the One of a Kind stamp set and punched with the boho blossoms punch. I used the word "happy" prom polka dots and paisley and I added the little snail and butterfly from guess where -- the tattoo kits! I didn't have a stamp set with a snail in it but then I remembered my tattoo kits so I took them out and used them in lieu of regular stamps. I had other butterfly stamps but I decided to use the tattoo kit butterfly as well so that the styles of the drawings would match.
I used my crop-a-dial to punch holes in the coasters and used narrow grosgrain in certainly celery, pretty in pink, apricot appeal, very vanilla and bashful blue as "hinges". All in all it was really a pretty fun and easy project and it's practical too! The chipboard coasters make it sturdy enough for me to use year after year!

1 comment:

Diane said...

That looks awesome Diane!! Love the
way you have the eggs in the grass!