Monday, March 2, 2009

Pretty Flower

I know I've been a very bad blogger lately. My apologies to everyone. It's just that I haven't had a lot of time to stamp in recent weeks and I've simply run out of new projects to show you. I do have one card I can share with you tonight. This one was so simple to put together it's almost embarrassing to post it. I started with an almost amethyst base. I took a large floower from the pretties kit and layered it with a 1" circle punched out of almost amethyst card stock and a kiwi kiss corduroy button. I then attached the flower to a piece of kiwi kiss card stock, which I adhered to the card front. I hand cut the stem and leaf from scraps of old olive card stock. To finish the card I added a knot made out of whisper white 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and added a sentiment form the one of a kind set, stamped in elegant eggplant on whisper white card stock and trimmed out by hand.

If all goes well, I will have a little more stamping time this week and my posting will get back on a more regular schedule. :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diane,
I love this flower!! Such a pretty card!!
Amy

sue said...

Diane,
I hope your schedule straightens itself out soon. I miss your projects. I also know how it is to not get to release yourself in projects. I become one impossible girl and my poor hubby can't understand what happened to his reasonable wife (I hope).

Debi Calandrelle said...

Oh my - here it is 3/17 and still no Diane! I miss your posts...

I sure hope everything is ok with you and yours...

Elizabeth said...

hiya! I really like this card Diane, but I am ready to see something new... ;)

hope all is well with you, Bill and Stu! Liz

Diane said...

What a lovely card Diane!!! Love the color combo!

Anonymous said...

Diane, Hope you're doing well...we haven't heard from you in a while..keep us updated! :)