Thursday, October 12, 2017

Boo Banner

Another Halloween banner and this one was almost embarrassingly quick and easy to make. Once again I used flags and twine from a banner kit I bought on post-Halloween clearance at Target last year. The triangular flags are super cute with their little Halloween pre-printed story and spider web and the top edge decorated with black microbeads. The kit also included a few plastic spiders so I attached one on top of the web on the center banner panel.

To save time and effort, I used black and ivory rosettes that I picked up on post-Christmas clearance at Target. (Did I mention that I love shopping post-holiday clearance sales at Target. Yeah, it's a bit of an addiction, but who can resist when you can use this stuff to make such cute decorations?) The black and ivory color on the rosettes coordinated perfectly with the banner flags, so all I needed were some letters and some die cut circles to make the rosettes pop even more. I used circle framelits to cut circles out of basic black card stock and glitter gold paper. I also used gold glitter paper and the Sizzix Phrase Boo w/ Frame die to cut out just the letters. Because the rosettes already add dimension, I just used regular adhesives to attach the letters to the rosetttes and the various layers to the banner flags and each other.

I love the way this short banner looks hanging on the door of our antique china cabinet. It's the perfect addition to our dining room Halloween decorations.


No comments: