Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Three Cupcakes

I made this card to satisfy a couple of challenges. The first was last Thursday's Ways To Use It 3s and Thirds challenge.  The second was Monday's technique challenge which was speedy cards fro good causes. At first glance this may not look like a speedy card, but really it took almost no time to put together.

I started with a chocolate chip base and a strip of retired SU designer paper (don't recall the name) that gave me the color pallet for the card. I stamped the cupcake image from the Little Layers Plus set and the sentiment from the For a Friend set  in chocolate chip ink on whisper white card stock. I colored both with markers in bashful blue, certainly celery, close to cocoa and daffodil delight. I punched the cupcake images out with the 1 1/4" square punch and punched three 1 3/8" square punch out of chocolate chip card stock. I added a 1/8" certainly celery mat to the sentiment.

I punched a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of bashful blue with the double rectangle punch and wove a piece of retired striped bashful blue ribbon through the holes. I added a chocolate chip strip mat to the designer paper and attached both to the bashful blue card stock beneath the ribbon. I attached the matted sentiment to the bottom corner of the bashful blue piece with regular adhesive and attached the matted cupcakes to the designer paper with dimensionals. That's it - no embossing, die cutting or fussy cutting, no complicated stamping techniques, and a pretty simple layout. A quick and easy card to put together that looks pretty impressive to those not in the know ;-).

True confession? These "old school" cards are sometimes my absolutely favorite. They may not be as gorgeous or artsy or sophisticated as the more complicated cards, but for me they're like grilled cheese and cream of tomato soup - warm and comforting.

Recipe:

Paper: whisper white, chocolate chip, bashful blue, certainly celery, retired SU designer paper
Ink: chocolate chip and markers in bashful blue, certainly celery, close to cocoa, delightful daffodil
Stamps: Little Layers Plus, For a Friend
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" square punches, double rectangle punch, retired SU striped bashful blue ribbon

No comments: