Saturday, June 24, 2017

Old Wood Birthday

I stamped this card today for this week's Splitcoast free for all challenge, which was to stamp something made of old wood. I had a lot of fun, especially playing with the watercolor wonder crayons, which I hadn't had out for ages. The rustic look makes this card suitable for men and women, not always easy to achieve.


I first stamped the swing image from Summer Afternoon in black stayz-on ink on watercolor paper and colored it in using watercolor wonder crayons in: chocolate chip, close to cocoa, creamy caramel, really rust, garden green, old olive, bordering blue, brocade blue and night of navy as well as my aqua painter. I then stamped the sentiment from the A Little Birthday Cheer set in brown timber stayzon ink on confetti white paper and added a watercolor background similar to that in the image with my watercolor wonder crayons and aqua painter. I added a really rust mat to the sentiment. For the image mat, I used a bit of crumb cake card stock that I had left over from another project that had already been stamped with the woodgrain background stamp in chocolate chip ink.
I embossed a 4"x5.25" piece of chocolate chip card stock with the Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder from Sizzix. I then mounted this mat to a 4.25"x5.5" confetti white card base. I used some natural hemp twine to create a knot and wrapped it around a strip of really rust card stock, which I then attached to the chocolate chip mat with dimensionals. I then added the image and the sentiment, both also attached with dimensionals.

Recipe (all products Stampin' Up! except as indicated)

Ink: Black and Timber Brown Stayzon, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Watercolor paper, Confetti White, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Really Rust
Stamps: Summer Afternoon, A Little Birthday Cheer, Woodgrain
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons Earth Elements and Rich Regals assortments, Natural Hemp Twine, Tim Holtz Woodgrain embossing folder from Sizzix

No comments: