Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas gift card or cash holder

This time of year cash/gift card holders really come in handy. It's the perfect way to "package" a gift for teachers, mail carriers, newspaper delivery persons, etc. And the good news is these are really easy to make.

You can check out this post for a basic tutorial, though for this card the measurements are a little bit different. I started with a 6x8.5" piece of real red card stock and scored it at 3", 4.25" and 5.5". Once you fold the card along the score lines you have a 3x6" card with a pocket for cash or a gift card inside.

To decorate the card I used a mellow moss and naturals white mats. I stamped the sentiment from the Best Yet Level 1 Hostess set in versamark ink at the bottom of the naturals white layer and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. I stamped the reindeer from the Christmas Post set in versamark on mellow moss card stock, heat embossed it with gold embossing powder and punched it out with the wide oval punch. I added a red gingham ribbon at he top to create a hanger for my "ornament".

Inside I created the pocket with my word window and 1 1/4" circle punches. I also added a piece of naturals white card stock and stamped it in encore gold ink with a snowflake from the Christmas Post set.

No comments: