Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall peppermint patty holder

Tonight's projects is a little peppermint patty holder. My holder is fall themed and would make a cute Thanksgiving favor, but change the colors and images and you could use it for any occasion.

The box is the perfect size to hold one decorated peppermint patty. I used old olive card stock to make the box, with a little acetate in the scalloped circle. The images are all from the Autumn Harvest set, stamped in kiwi kiss ink on the old olive and in basic brown on the whisper white. I used an aquapainter and pumpkin pie, kiwi kiss and always artichoke inks to color the pumpkins and the leaves. I used the scalloped circle, 1 3/8" and 1 1/4" circle and corner rounder punches, as well as a stamping sponge to color the edges of the whisper white card stock.

Because a lot of the times it's hard to get an idea of the size of the project when I take a close-up photo, I also wanted to include this picture of the treat box next to a regular size card. As you can see, it's really quite small, but cute!

1 comment:

Jules said...

hhmmmm...so cute, my thought was how cute would that be for a Turkey Day place card holder...complete with after dinner mint!
Very great cute project there once again girl!!!
Have a great weekend!