Friday, August 15, 2008

Fall Upsy Daisy


For tonight's card I just had to use my new Upsy Daisy stamp set, my Juntos Designer Series Paper and my Wide Oval punch. I love how all three of these work together! I took the color scheme right out of the paper: More mustard, really rust and always artichoke. I stamped the daisy silhouettes in Always Artichoke on more mustard card stock and added an always artichoke mat.
I stamped the sentiment in really rust on more mustard card stock, punched it out with the wide oval punch, and sponged some really rust ink along the perimeter. I then cut out an always artichoke oval mat with my coluzzle oval template -- I love how well this nests with the wide oval punch!
For the final touch on the sentiment I fringed some more mustard ribbon and used the long strands I pulled off to thread through a really rust button. I knotted the strands in the back, trimmed them, and attached the button over the letter "o" in the sentiment with a mini glue dot.
I arranged my images on a mat of the Juntos Designer Series Paper (remember, this paper is only available in our Celebrando Creatividad catalog -- not in the main idea book and catalog) and another mat of always artichoke before adhering to the really rust card base.
I really like the final product, probably because the earth elements color family is my absolute favorite! I also love that I was able to purchase the Upsy Daisy set at a 15% discount through the "Never Before Seen" promotion. Woo hoo! You just can't beat a set that will help you make quick and elegant cards with three very cool sentiments for only $16.11, so don't forget to order yours before the special is over!

1 comment:

Val said...

I love the colours in this card. Awesome...the stamp is great too and is on my list to buy. Thanks for showing us your wonderful designs.