Monday, May 5, 2008

March and April Book of Me Layouts

I am so very sorry. With all the stuff going on last month I completely forgot to post the March Book of Me layout. So today I get to post both the March and the April layouts together.

For the March layout i used one of my favorite color combinations -- sahara sand for the base with groovy guava, river rock and apricot appeal as accents.

I also used close to cocoa ink to stamp the title and the embellishments. The first three photos in this post show potential layouts for this kit, keeping in mind that the photo mats are just recommendations and that their size will change for each purchaser depending on the photos they want to use. Each purchaser received full sheets of the accent colors so they can cut mats of exactly the right size for their pages.

As always, I tried to create a kit that could be used for both horizontal and vertical scrapping orientation. I really like it and I can't wait to add my own March photos to my Book of Me!


The last photo features the April Book of Me kit. For this layout my color choices were real red, pumpkin pie, wild wasabi and bashful blue. Again, the kit purchasers receive full sheets of the accent colors so they can create photo mats and journaling blocks to fit their needs. The flowers are pre-assembled, but the wild wasabi ribbon is shipped uncut so you can use it, as I did, to create stems and leaves or in an entire different way altogether.

FYI, some of you have asked what adhesive I use to attach ribbon to card stock. Most often I use SNAIL. Recently, when I'm dealing with particularly heavy ribbon (like the red and white zigzag ribbon from the jersey ribbon originals collection) I've also used the tombow mono-multi glue.

Click here for more information on my Book of Me club. You can join any time!




2 comments:

Sandy in NH said...

The pink paper background that you did was so terrific...that I made myself a copy!
What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane!

How are you?

I was wondering if you have the rest of the year May until now ready to post.

I'm interested in seeing what you have created while I was out of town.

Can't wait to get it all in January!!!