Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My second challenge card

Well, you knew I wouldn't be able to stay away from this challenge after making just one card, right? Ever since I stamped my first card on Sunday this other card has been walking around my brain. The more I tried to ignore it the more I thought about it so tonight, after my pastels students left for the night, I grabbed my in full bloom set and started stamping.

the first thing I wanted to try was the scrap mosaic technique that my friend Liz used on a swap card she gave me recently. This technique is perfect for someone who loves scraps as much as I do! It feel so good to make use of those tiny little bits of card stock left over from other projects!

Anyway, I arranged my certainly celery and apricot appeal scraps haphazardly on a strip of whisper white card stock, stamped flowers across the whole strip with versamark and embossed it with iridescent ice. I then stamped the bees on the apricot appeal base in versamark and embossed them in detail white.

For the main image I stamped the leaves (Is that what those things are? I'm not enough of a botanist to be able to tell) with certainly celery on a piece of whisper white card stock in a pinwheel motion. I used a cotton tipped swab to apply certainly celery pastels to the leaves and apricot appeal pastels between the leaves ( it was right after class and the pastels were out anyway, so I just had to use them on this card). I stamped the flower on apricot appeal card stock with versamark and embossed it with detail white. I then used the versamarker to color in the flower and embossed the petals with iridescent ice. I cut out the flower, punched an 1/8" circle in the center and threaded a celery grosgrain ribbon knot through the flower center, leaving the tails of the ribbon to stick out like leaves. I then distressed the edges of the certainly celery mat with my thumbnail and attached the image to the card using dimensionals.

The "thank you" sentiment is from the little hellos set. I stamped it in certainly celery and punched it out with the small oval, inking the edges with apricot appeal ink. I punched a certainly celery mat with the large oval punch and attached the whole thing to the card front using another dimensional.

I don't think this card is as nice as my first card, but it certainly is different, so I'm still happy with it.

No comments: